This crosswalk at Princeton and Park Place is among those that will be replaced in the near future.
If you live in or walk through the northern section of Park View, you’re about to see some significant improvements in the area’s sidewalks. The list below are the blocks involved along with the projected start date.
- Princeton Place from Warder to Park Place — May 16, 2016
- Warder Street from Quebec Street to Rock Creek Church Road — May 23, 2016
- Park Place from Otis Place to Newton Place — May 23, 2016
- Park Road from Warder to Park Place — May 23, 2016
Sidewalk improvements on these blocks may include (but are not limited to):
- Upgrading of curb ramps and sidewalks through repair and/or replacement;
- Correcting drainage issues;
- Performing repair work at intersections as part of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Program; and,
- Installation of porous Flexible Paving (Flexi-Pave) in selected area.
During the project, DDOT will maintain traffic and access to streets, but there may be restricted parking during construction hours. “No Parking” signs are to be posted seventy-two (72) hours prior to construction in areas where parking will be impacted. All work will be conducted between 7:00 a.m and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Many of the sidewalk issues that will be repaired were identified during the 2014 Age-Friendly DC Block-by-Block walk.
The map below shows the blocks where sidewalk work will occur.
(Red lines indicate where DDOT’s next wave of sidewalk work will occur.)