The District’s efforts to find a developer for the former Hebrew Home for the Aged at 1125 Spring Road are making progress. Two public meetings were held to solicit community input through the OurRFP process, one on April 9, 2016, and a follow up meeting on June 2, 2016. Following these meetings, the RFP was issued July 1, 2016.
The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) received nine proposals from the following development teams in response to the RFP:
- Borger Management and Spectrum Management
- Gilbane Development Company and NHT-Enterprise
- Duball and Bundy Development Corp.
- Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC) and NVR
- Telesis Corp.
- Mission First, UrbanMatters Development and Lock7 Development
- NHP Foundation, Fivesquares Development, and Warrenton Group
- Victory Housing and Brinshore Development
- Bozzuto Homes and The Menkiti Group
The next step in the process will be for DMPED to coordinate with ANCs 1A and 4C, and the community, to review the concepts and garner comments on which proposals are considered most promising. This could happen withing the next few weeks with the ANCs considering formal positions at their March meetings.