November ANC1A Election Will Have Three Competitive Races.
Yesterday was the deadline to turn in nominating petitions for those wanting to be on the ballot in the November Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner races. Based on information from the Board of Elections posted this morning, the following are the candidates that will be on the ballot (presuming there are no successful challenges to qualifying signatures).
Based on the chart above, eight Single Member Districts have uncontested races. These are listed below:
- 1A02 — Vickey A. Wright-Smith (former 1A Commissioner)
- 1A03 — Zach Rybarczyk
- 1A04 — Sadaf Megan Mortezavi
- 1A05 — Christine Miller (incumbent)
- 1A06 — Richard Dubeshter (incumbent)
- 1A08 — Kent Boese (incumbent)
- 1A09 — Bobby Holmes (incumbent)
- 1A12 — Margaret Hundley (incumbent)
Three Single Member Districts have two candidates that will be on the ballot. These are:
- 1A01 — Valarie Baron & Ernest Johnson
- 1A07 — Sharon Farmer & Darwain Frost (incumbent)
- 1A10 — Amanda Frost & Rashida Brown (incumbent)
One Single Member District is open, with no candidates on the November ballot. This seat could easily be won by any interested write-in candidate.
- 1A11 — open
The map below shows where the Single Member Districts are located.Elections, Government comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.