Community Crime Prevention Summit Scheduled for Saturday, June 6
The first of three crime prevention summits has been schedule for this Saturday, June 6, from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Cardozo Education Campus. The event was organized by ANC 1B Commissioner John Green (1B12) and is co-sponsored by ANCs 1B, 1A, 2B and Ward 1 Councilmember Brianne Nadeau. The details are below:
Explore posts in the same categories: Crime, MPD, Public Safety comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.
WHEN: June 6, 11:30am – 2:30pm
WHERE: Cardozo Education Campus (light refreshments and snacks will be provided)
- Intended for all DC residents and business (particularly in Wards 1 & 2)
- Meet others interested in reducing crime in their communities
- Discuss ways to help DC neighborhoods be more vigilant and more secure
- Discuss ways in which MPD and residents can be helpful to one another through community policing
SPECIAL GUESTS: (subject to change)
- Presentation by Samantha Nolan, DC Citywide Neighborhood Watch Trainer (12pm)
- Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department (FEMS)
- And other DC public safety agencies
About the Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) Community Crime Prevention Summit:
Co-sponsored by ANCs 1B, 1A, 2B and Ward 1 Councilmember Brianne Nadeau. The summit is a great opportunity for residents of Wards 1 & 2 to discuss crime prevention, while meeting interested neighbors, business leaders, police officials and D.C. agencies that focus on public safety.
Most crimes in DC are preventable. Being aware of your surroundings and watching where you leave personal belongings can help you from not becoming a victim. Please join us to learn more tips on how to protect yourself and about criminal behaviors that can help you and your neighborhood be safe this summer.
Ms. Nolan is DC’s foremost crime prevention expert and a certified Neighborhood Watch Trainer. Her presentation is approximately 1.5 hours and open discussions will be encouraged before, during, and after.
For more information, please contact John Green, ANC 1B12 Commissioner at johngreenanc(at)gmail.com.