From a DC Water News Release:
DC Water has determined that there is a need to perform preventative maintenance procedures to sewer mains located within the Park View area of the District. These procedures will require the inspection and cleaning of sewer mains in order to determine whether further maintenance or repairs are needed. Project area streets will include Lamont Street NW, Keefer Place NW, 6th Street NW, Kenyon Street NW, Warder Street NW, Irving Street NW, Luray Place NW, Columbia Road NW and Park Road NW (see map below). This project will primarily involve cleaning and lining of approximately 4,747 linear feet of sewer mains, rehabilitation of approximately 60 lateral connections, cleaning and lining of 50 manholes. The project is scheduled to start in January 2016 and be completed by February 2016 (Detailed information sheet here).
Additional information of interest to residents:
- Estimated construction start: January 2016 / Estimated construction completion: February 2016
- Normal work hours: 7:00 am-7:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Contractor may work at night or on weekends, dependent upon other construction activities as needed or due to inclement weather.
- Lane closures may be required daily (7:00 am-7:00 pm), and traffic plans will be approved by the DDOT
- At various times during construction, “No Parking” signs may be placed in certain areas in and around the work zone. Notifications regarding “No Parking” zones will be posted 72 hours prior to construction, as required by DDOT.