DDOT issues their latest update on the progress of the Middle Georgia Avenue Great Streets Project last week and I am posting it below as an FYI. The majority of the project seems to be focused at in the Park View section at this time with a major focus being between Princeton and Otis Places.
Below is DDOT’s announcement:
Middle Georgia Avenue Great Streets Project
Otis Place to Webster Street, NW
Monthly Project Update, August 2011
Work will continue along Georgia Avenue between Otis Place and Princeton Place, NW. The DDOT team will be installing concrete base, new sidewalk, pavers and completing the bump-out. Installation of new street lights will continue from Quebec Place to Otis Place, NW .
We are pleased to report that the project remains on schedule. This month we will also break down the existing staging area located at Taylor Avenue and 9th Street, NW.
ANTICIPATED TEMPORARY TRAFFIC IMPACTS:
- Construction tasks will require temporary, daytime parking lane closures on Georgia Avenue between Princeton Place and Newton Place from 7:00am-5:00pm, and temporary travel lane closures, 9:30am-3:30pm.
- Pedestrian traffic will be re-directed with detours along sidewalks where excavation is occurring. Access to businesses and residences will continue to be maintained.
- Paving/Resurfacing will take place in the evening hours.
NEW, PERMANENT TRAFFIC AND PARKING IMPROVEMENTS:
- 9th Street from Upshur to Kansas: Parking may change from parallel to diagonal parking on the East side of 9th Street. The travel lane will remain one-way northbound.
- 9th Street from Taylor to Upshur: Parking has changed from parallel to diagonal parking on the West side of 9th Street. Travel lanes will change from (2), two-way travel lanes, to (1) travel lane, one-way southbound. (more…)