Petworth Community Market Opens Today
From an email earlier this week:
Now in its third season, the Petworth Community Market (PCM) runs Fridays, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., from May 4 through October 26. What’s new at the market this year?
- Expanded season: Due to input from customers and vendors last year, the market season has been extended for an additional month.
- Expanded Bonus Dollars Program: Once again, the Petworth market will accept SNAP/WIC benefits and offer a Bonus Dollars program. Those who spend $10 or more in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — formerly food stamps) will receive $10 in Bonus Dollars from PCM. The expanded offering is thanks to our successful fundraiser bash at Domku last week as well as a contribution from the Ward 4 Constituent Services Fund courtesy of Councilmember Muriel Bowser!
- More Music: The Final Friday of each month will feature special musical performances to bring out families and neighbors.
- Kids Corner: A designated space with activities for the little ones.
- More Vendors: Nearly 20 vendors (see below) will sell their wares and food products at the market.
Today, visit the market on Ninth Street, NW between Upshur Street and Georgia Avenue with neighbors, Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners and key partners to help ring in the market’s opening at 4 p.m. in style. The opening will feature a watermelon cutting and entertainment provided by local musicians Brian Fenke (4-6pm) and Eminence Band (6-8pm), so bring your dancing shoes! Credit cards are accepted at the market.Community Markets comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.