Registration Open at Senior Wellness Center
As the announcement states, the new Senior Wellness Center is now open for District residents, 60 years of age or older, to register. The Center’s full range of services are scheduled to be online by the beginning of October.
Senior Wellness Centers promote healthy lifestyles among the District’s elderly population by developing, expanding, and strengthening health promotion initiatives in nutrition, medications and physical fitness. The center is designed to add years to the lives of seniors as well as life to their years.
Some of the building features will include:
* Nutrition Counseling and teaching classrooms
* Intake Room
* Health Education Seminar Rooms
* Exercise and Fitness Area
* Massage Room
* Computer Training Center
* Multipurpose Rooms for health, wellness and social activities
* Roof top terrace with trail path trial